Sunday, April 02, 2006

Pantsload Syndrome

Jonah then:

But Jill Carroll is increasingly starting to bug me. The details are still murky and it's hard to appreciate what she's been through. And maybe JPod's right about Stockholm syndrome.


Think Progress then called out Jonah on his obtuseness and he, predictably, squealed like a stuck piglet.

But come on. Does anyone in their right mind think that Think Progress would be rallying to this woman's side if she emerged from her captivity saying George W. Bush was right and the people who kidnapped her were terrorist animals? Please. They'd be prattling on about how she lost her mind.


Jill Carroll after being safe and sound away from her kidnappers:

"During my last night in captivity, my captors forced me to participate in a propaganda video," she wrote. "They told me they would let me go if I cooperated. I was living in a threatening environment, under their control, and wanted to go home alive. I agreed.

"Things that I was forced to say while captive are now being taken by some as an accurate reflection of my personal views. They are not."

She even lambasted her captors, who allegedly killed her interpreter, Alan Enwiya, when they abducted her in western Baghdad in January.


Jonah's ridiculous strawman just turned into real boy - would Think Progress suddenly turn on Jill Carroll like he predicted they would?

Of course not.

But could Jonah possibly rise above his own mendacious filthiness?

Of course not.

The same name-calling screachers who insisted that I was an ass for not taking everything Jill Carroll said at face value, are now emailing me to call me an ass because it now looks like I was right to be skeptical. They insist I should apologize for "judging" her. This strikes me as absurd. If you go back and read what I've posted, I said that Carroll's statements didn't scan.


Sure Jonah, you and your colleagues just made her out to be a mental patient - you meant no ill will at all. You were just concerned for her well-being. The fact that she didn't verbally felate the President and scream about Islamo-facists while still in the kidnappers custody had nothing to do with you, J-Pod, and KJ getting apoplectic about a woman who was just freed after 3 months in captivity.

And just to really drive home the point that he's a bland and caviling shithead:

In all sincereity: good for her. I take Carroll at her word and hope nothing but the best for her. I'm sure it was a terrible ordeal and I think, barring some major revelation, this should put an end to the criticism of her. Leave her be. I'm sorry for suggesting that she might have believed what she said. I hope there will be some apologies coming from those who did believe what she said.


Speaking of mental cases, Jonah needs to look up projection:

"A defense mechanism in which the individual attributes to other people impulses and traits that he himself has but cannot accept. It is especially likely to occur when the person lacks insight into his own impulses and traits."

No comments: