Wednesday, February 01, 2006

We Are Fucked

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Peace activist Cindy Sheehan was arrested Tuesday in the House gallery after refusing to cover up a T-shirt bearing an anti-war slogan before President Bush's State of the Union address.

So now you can get arrested for wearing a T-Shirt?

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.


Update: Matt Drudge being the huge fucking asshole that he is, had to quickly point out that a man was removed from Clinton's impeachment hearing for wearing a T-Shirt.

click to enlarge


Matt, like other pathetitic right-wing assholes, always have to equate the jack booted thuggish actions of the current admin to Clinton. Like usual, they are wrong:
  1. The man at the Clinton trial was not arrested
  2. The man at the Clinton trial was wearing a shirt during a trial that said "Clinton doesn't inhale, he sucks."
The only way this would be comparable is if Sheehan wore the shirt to Bush's war crime tribunal.

Update: Read what happened in Cindy's own words at the Daily Kos. It's even more unbelievable than you first thought.

I had just sat down and I was warm from climbing 3 flights of stairs back up from the bathroom so I unzipped my jacket. I turned to the right to take my left arm out, when the same officer saw my shirt and yelled; "Protester." He then ran over to me, hauled me out of my seat and roughly (with my hands behind my back) shoved me up the stairs. I said something like "I'm going, do you have to be so rough?" By the way, his name is Mike Weight.

This shithead, who this wanton bigot linked to, thinks he has parsed her speech. Here's a sample (I parse him in green):

She says, "I am speechless with fury at what happened . . ." and then proceeds to speak for another 18 paragraphs, 57 sentences.

Figures of speech confuse wingnuts

She says, "I did not wear it (a protest T-shirt under her jacket) to be disruptive, or I would have unzipped my jacket during George's speech." She could not have unzipped it during the president's speech because she was arrested 45 minutes before the speech started.

Timelines also confuse wingnuts. Obvious to everyone else in the world is that she would have waited until Bunnypants started his speech before unzipping her jacket.

She says that as she was being fingerprinted, "That's when the enormity of my loss hit me. I have lost my son. I have lost my First Amendment rights." Her son Casey was killed April 4, 2004 in Iraq. Her activities, from the protests outside the Crawford ranch all last summer to last week's appearence with Hugo Chavez and his stooge Harry Belafonte where she called George Bush "the greatest terrorist in the world" and "10 times worse than bin Laden" have been well documented. But, she just then (last night) realized her loss?

Once again, no dumbass, she probably meant for the first time that evening or the first time in a while or the first time in conjuction with the realization that her son died for naught seeing as the fucking freedom that the troops are allegedly fighting is gone.

Well that's enough of him. They really are that dumb, but this is a shining example of how incapable these people are of comprehending anything that doesn't come in the form of a RNC talking point.

No comments: